2-for-1 Tuition Promise
Cleveland State University is offering a new tuition program for the Fall 2021 freshmen class. If you enroll at CSU as a new first-time freshman and successfully complete Fall Semester 2021 with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better, Spring Semester 2022 tuition will be taken care of after other financial aid has been applied. So, Spring tuition will be covered by CSU!
This has not been a typical year for any of us. You spent the most important part of your senior year of high school at home. We recognize that you missed many milestone moments and we want to make certain that your transition to CSU is a great one, especially during this time of uncertainty. We are focused on student success at CSU, and we hope that assisting with Spring Semester tuition will take one challenge out of the equation.
In order to be eligible for the 2-for-1 Tuition Promise, students must meet all of the following criteria:
- Enroll in a CSU bachelor’s degree program for the first time in either the Summer 2021 or Fall 2021 semester.
- Have not been previously enrolled in a degree-seeking program at another college or university (CCP or non-degree courses are fine).
- Have a 2021-2022 FAFSA on file with CSU’s Office of Financial Aid.
- Accept any financial aid offered for the 2021-2022 academic year with the exception of loans or work-study.
- Students must successfully complete a minimum of 12 credit hours in the Fall 2021 semester with a minimum of 3.0 semester GPA. (Grades from previous college coursework will not be considered for semester GPA calculation. Grades of incomplete will not count toward the 12-credit hour minimum and will earn 0 points in a GPA calculation. Courses in which a student may elect a Pass/Fail grade will be considered for the credit hour minimum, but will not be included in a GPA calculation. Credit earned from CCP, AP and CLEP will not be included in the credit hour minimum.)
- Students must pay their Fall 2021 balance in full before the 2-for-1 Tuition Promise kicks in for Spring 2022.
What does the 2-for-1 Tuition Promise cover?
The 2-for-1 Tuition Promise covers the balance of full-time tuition (up to 18 credit hours) after the application of federal grants (Pell, SEOG), state grants (OCOG), CSU scholarships or grants and any external scholarships a student may receive. Students are responsible for all other portions of their cost of attendance, including miscellaneous fees, books and course materials, transportation, room and board, etc.
Is the 2-for-1 Tuition Promise available to students from outside of Ohio?
Yes, the 2-for-1 Tuition Promise is available to out-of-state students.
How will the 2-for-1 Tuition Promise be reflected on my account?
The 2-for-1 Tuition Promise will appear on your account as a grant. As a result, it will also be reported to the IRS as well as to the student on an annual IRS form 1098t.
Is the 2-for-1 Tuition Promise refundable?
2-for-1 funding is “last dollar” and no portion of the 2-for-1 tuition grant is refundable under any circumstances.
Will the 2-for-1 Tuition Promise apply after Spring 2022?
The 2-for-1 Tuition Promise is specific to the Spring 2022 term. Students who enroll in future terms will be assessed the tuition consistent with their cohort.
Have additional questions? Contact Undergraduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 216.687.5411.